Pages

Wednesday, 6 November 2013

Boat or Submarine?


Title  Boat or Submarine  
Scientists: Crighton-Shivom

Question/Goal/ problem
What shape of container will hold the most weight ?

Hypothesis (The shape I have chosen and why I think it is the best shape)
** We will do a pan and make the side really thin so it will float. It will be big to so we can fit heaps of coins.


Materials
Container filled with water, modelling clay, old coins

Method (What I did)
Create a boat out of modelling clay.
I Fill the container with water.
Place the boat carefully onto the water so it floats.
One at a time , put coins carefully into the boat . Count how many coins are in the boat before it sinks.
Observation/ Analyse (What happened and why I think it happened)
**It sank with 8 coins we think it sank because we made the sides a bit thick and it got heavy quite fast so it sank fast


Conclusion  (What I discovered about floating/ sinking )
** The longer surface is better then a long death
Were almost  there!

"Yeah I don't think its a boat yet." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...